Fitness testing for athletes
Tests for Footballers
The testing station offers physical fitness testing both for fitness fanatics and pro athletes. The football tests planned in collaboration with the Finnish Football Association have been used since 1997.
Going through all the tests and receiving written results will take a team (20 players) approximately 3 hours.
The results are based on a database including the test values of over 21,000 football players.
Tests for Floorball Players
The floorball tests planned in collaboration with the Finnish Floorball Federation have been used since 2001.
Going through all the tests and receiving written results will take a team (20 players) approximately 5 hours.
- Anthropometry – fat percentage
- Starting speed – 5 m interval – 20 m final time
- Agility – so-called ‘eight’
- Elasticity – assisted jump
- Speed endurance – running 10 m back and forth for 2 min 45 s, with 1 min recovery periods in between
- Maximum endurance – so-called “beep” test including running 20 m back and forth until exhaustion paced by a quickening sound signal. If necessary, heart rate monitors are used to measure the maximum heart rate.
Preparing for the Test
- Bring both football/indoor shoes and trainers
- Do not eat within 2 hours of the test